Friday, March 28, 2008

Illness makes the Herbalist

So my Dad has been sick with a cough all week and for the last two nights his coughing (and his TV) have kept me awake. This is partly to do with the noise, but mostly to do with my own guilty conscience. I mean I am an herbalist the ones closest to me should be getting the best and fastest treatment right? But noooo I have to wait till 5am on day three of the cough to get up and make up some medicine for him (which consisted of a facial steam with sage, peppermint, rose petals, lavender and calendula, and a cup of gypsy cold care tea from Traditional Medicinals, it worked too cause he stopped coughing after that).

So I find that my family gets treatment in a sporadic and untimely fashion hinging mostly on how much it is affecting me. This is partly due to the fact that I am extremely lazy, and partly because I have been giving them advice for years and somehow expect them to know everything that I do about their current illness (which of course they don't! Duh). Perhaps this weeks escapades into letting my Dad suffer longer than necessary will straighten me up so I can become a better healer. Let's hope so.

No comments: